Built in 1932, this hotel is located between the station and the main square. After a floor-to-ceiling makeover, Best Western unveiled it in 2005 as one of its 45 premier properties. In 2008, it went to four stars. A lobby of wood panelling, plush red armchairs and marble floors leads to red-carpeted hallways lined by replicas of Croatian masterpieces. Rooms range from smallish twins and queens to more spacious executives and suites with window-paned sliding doors. Decor features a palette of beiges, yellows and creams and contemporary paintings. WiFi too.